Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Free Verse (Kind Of!)

Free verses are poems that DON'T have meter and DON'T rhyme.
.
SOFT
Sitting makes your cereal soft.
Feet make your sandals soft.
Microwaves make your butter soft.
Lotion makes your hands soft.
.
And LOVE makes your heart soft.
.
DUCKS
Ducks waddle.
Ducks quack.
Duck have
Feathers on
Their back!
.
This is not a free verse
I mess up every time,
It is not a free verse
BECAUCAUSE OF
THE RHYME!
.
(Uh-oh I spelled BECAUSE
wrong.)
I MESSED UP AGAIN!
THE END

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I you don't quit messing up you will be like your Papa. Be more careful Ellie

Sara said...

It is only through your mistakes that you will be better! Nice work kiddo!

Unknown said...

I love the humor and fun in your poems, Ellie. You keep me laughing!!

camille said...

Your alot better thAn me Ellie
I would've never put than if my dad would have said to put it there.

Laura said...

I loved "Soft". I could identify with all of the soft things you described.